Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Great Result Today!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Great Result Today!

By PF18/3/2017 20:44Sat Mar 18 20:44:23 2017

Views: 2075

Alas I couldn't do my usual pre-match build up thread but we can dissect the match now and revel in a magnificent three points. I was at Millwall again today with my pal but it was a free ticket so no loss incurred. Of course I would have been at SJP to see today's great result but I was happy to see the result when I got home.

The second half Leatherhead debacle can be put in a little bit of perspective now hopefully and people can move on from that. It might still prove costly in the long run but at the moment we've just beaten the team in third with what looks like another solid performance from a distance.

The report says we scored direct from a corner which would've been something special to see! Hard to believe but I guess it must've been a freak bit of wind or something. Very rare but it's happened in pro football quite a few times that I can remember.

I guess the team were read the riot act after last week and they've responded superbly. I'm sure there were a fair few dicey moments as always though. In all the matches I've seen this season there's shaky moments galore and I doubt there wouldn't have been a fair few of them this afternoon as well.

I'm sure those who witnessed it can tell us all about it. Next week's game at Sudbury now takes on a whole new level of importance. It's more than a six pointer now. The loser will probably be crying into their beers all night after that one. There's also the added pressure of what happened in the earlier fixture between the two sides. I hope that ref is ready for a difficult afternoon!

However I am starting to believe it's possible now. Gary said we might need more than 50 to stay up so my guess is that we'll need 10 points. 3 win and a draw should do it. It's possible! If we win at Sudbury next week that'll be something else! Even a draw won't be a disaster now. Keep the Faith as Bon Jovi says!

• Collapse threadGreat Result Today! by PF18/3/2017 20:44Sat Mar 18 20:44:23 2017view thread