Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Well done boys!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Well done boys!

By PF7/3/2017 22:57Tue Mar 7 22:57:39 2017In response to Re: Billericay replay

Views: 2523

Can't say I saw the goal was coming but we battled till the end and got our just deserts. Billericay weren't all that and it seems last week's 4-1 drubbing obviously flattered them. Came down with my mate finally and I told him him he brought us good luck. If I'd been there on my own it would have been the usual 0-0 like my last two games. But I turned to my mate with 20 minutes or so left and said Hendon will nick a winner. And lo and behold a breakaway and a great little finish and bedlam ensued in the massed Hendon ranks!! Let's enjoy this win and we're really in there fighting now and it's no longer a pipe dream to stay up.

The Leatherhead game is now MASSIVE. The pressure will be right on for both sides and even more so for them. If we draw it won't be a complete disaster and I'd take it if you offered it to me. Of course a win would be out of this world and heap pressure on the teams above like Canvey. Merstham still have loads of games in hand so they need to lose a whole heap before we can catch them. I must admit I'd have said we're down and out without these 6 points in the last 2 games but this gives everyone of a Green persuasion hope!

Let's go to Leatherhead and battle for the whole 90 and see what we can get against Bullard's mob!