Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Leiston"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Leiston

By PF4/3/2017 10:21Sat Mar 4 10:21:44 2017

Views: 2219

Well the first of two home games in a few days is upon us. Basically we need to win one and draw the other minimum. Win one and lose the other is I suppose more likely. Win neither and "Fagedd about it!" as they say in New Yoik!

First up is Leiston, former league high flyers who have a hit a brick wall in recent times. They nicked our best player and see what happens? You fail. That'll teach'em next time! They obviously still have high hopes for the play offs as they sit just outside those places but have 4 games in hand on some of the teams above them. They should be able to get in those play off positions but their current form is shocking. One draw and 5 losses from the last 6 matches doesn't make pretty reading and in fact it's the worst in the league at the moment so their confidence won't exactly be sky high.

This however is something that fills me with trepidation coming into this game. Surely they can't be as bad as they have been recently again. I always notice that teams come to SJP seem to somehow lift themselves above their normal recent play. Obviously I'm not saying that Hendon is some huge club like Man Utd that smaller teams lift themselves for, what I'm getting at is that teams come here and see Hendon as a soft touch. They see us and lift themselves to play that little bit better and see SJP as an easy 3 points. Which to be fair to the opposition, it mostly has been or at best for us a draw banker on the coupon.

So having said that I get the feeling that Leiston will be seeing this as a great opportunity to get back on track after their recent disasters. I don't know if Niko Muir will be up for beating his former club a little more than usual but it normally works either of two ways, he'll score a worldy or have a stinker and gets subbed!

I think the best we'll get today is another regular battling SJP draw but more than likely a narrow defeat. There should be a few goals but recent matches at SJP have been dire and short on attacking flair and goal mouth action so I can't predict a glut of goals with any confidence but my guess is either a 2-2 draw or a 3-2 or 3-1 loss.

We'll have to win the Billericay match for certs and if we get a draw today we should be thankful and move on. I've decided not to come down today as I'm bringing a mate down for the first time for the Billericay game on Tuesday for his first ever Hendon game. I'll follow today's game at a distance and wish the Greens all the best for today, they're gonna need it!

• Collapse threadLeiston by PF4/3/2017 10:21Sat Mar 4 10:21:44 2017view thread
  • Re: Leiston by PF4/3/2017 17:04Sat Mar 4 17:04:27 2017
  • Re: Leiston by Paul Butler5/3/2017 00:53Sun Mar 5 00:53:08 2017