Return to front page

Newest article: Fund our Future plea by johnnybakerToday 16:10Today at 16:10:49view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: loan players"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: loan players

By rwakeley2/2/2017 09:41Thu Feb 2 09:41:15 2017In response to loan players

Views: 2395

The very same thought crossed my mind. We've had at least one decent frontman all season. Presently we have enough fire-power to sink a battleship, yet through-out we seem to muster two or three half chances per game.
Something is clearly fundamentally flawed. Our SJP form is pathetic, we have struggled every week to gain any passing and movement of the ball of any purpose. Last Saturday reminded me of dark days at Earlesmead, I thought we had gone backwards. The players themselves have remained upbeat but they themselves have to question the outcome. On that front, I think they deserve a huge compliment.
Other teams play one-two's and neat little triangles around us and it creates havoc. With our fire-power I would prefer a traditional two man partnership, then I think about a conventional 4-4-2 and my head explodes. I genuinely don't think we have the right type of players. Ironically, the approach which many slated last week, may well be the solution in the conditions you would envisage Saturday.
I think it's a fascinating game Saturday - we could win or lose 4-0 and I still don't know if we would be any the wiser.
Just get a result - give us something to work with.