Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Wingate & Finchley"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Wingate & Finchley

By PF28/1/2017 12:10Sat Jan 28 12:10:56 2017

Views: 3243

First of all I am coming down for today's game. It will be good to see a match again after a while since the 2-1 win over Merstham. Hopefully the result will be similar today but let's do a bit of analysis first.

After the disappointment of missing out on an easy three points at home to Billericay thanks to the fog, the team can enter this match in reasonably confident mood. They can take heart from that first half showing and take that form into the match today. Of course as we all know too well, this season's form is completely unpredictable. You never know which Hendon is gonna turn up. The one that goes two or three behind in double quick time has never been slow to rear its ugly head has it!

However things seem to be slowly improving. The problem is we don't have much time any more. Wins are needed now and battling draws won't cut it any more. Looking at the opponents today I see a team in very solid form and a very hard to beat team. They haven't lost a match of any type since a 0-2 reverse at Met Police on the 17th of Dec. That's a run of 10 games with 5 wins and draws respectively.

They are gonna be a hard nut to crack that's for sure. Their last match was a 1-0 win at home to promotion chasers Leiston so they come to SJP in pretty confident mode.

However I think Hendon are looking more assured at home and are competing solidly with all opponents. They are not getting mauled any more and losing games before HT in general. They seem to have put aside the horrible form for now. I expect a pretty feisty local derby between the two sides today. I hope it's played in a better spirit than recent games and at the end there is no repeat of recent scenes.

Predicting a score for today's match is difficult but if I have my greenest tinted glasses on I can see a narrow 2-1 win for the Greens but it's not gonna be easy! I think a loss would be pretty catastrophic in the relegation battle and a draw not too much use either. Let battle commence..but not literally like last time!

Edited by PF at 12:12:13 on 28th January 2017