Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Billericay"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Billericay

By SteveHFC24/1/2017 22:04Tue Jan 24 22:04:40 2017In response to Re: Billericay

Views: 2775

How annoying - we played really well this evening - first goal was a really good move involving Ball, Charles and Stanislaus, and we were very much on top when the proceedings were called to a halt.

The conditions were really weird - the stadium seemed to be the only foggy place in NW London - driving back up the M1 I didn't see any more fog until J9 around Harpenden. As Embee said, the warmer stadium - together with the lights, seemed to be attracting the mist & fog into the stadium. As soon as the lights were switched off it started clearing! Totally the right decision to start, and also to abandoned the game. I took a walk out into the middle while the game was suspended and I couldn't see any of the corner flags or either touchline.

As for Casey - Hendonboy is correct, he was suspended for 2 games for 10 bookings - the first of which was AFC Sudbury. As he said, as both Saturday and today were abandoned, he now misses Wingate and Grays! Harsh on Casey, but that's the way it is.