Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Re Soul Searching"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Re Soul Searching

By rwakeley22/1/2017 13:03Sun Jan 22 13:03:29 2017In response to Re: Re Soul Searching

Views: 3747

I agree one hundred per cent on the footy front. I was hoping we had moved on. The pattern of the game was as predictable as with the vast majority at home this season. With the recent additions and the undeniable talent on display the outcome was for me far worse than anything else.
Here's my take on the other stuff. I hope Kevin stays. I maintain the crux of the matter revolves more around the stipulation set by the board - well documented. I think it is at its heart flawed. The prospect of the Mac lads playing several hundred more games and not receiving a single red for violent conduct is given their role in the team up for debate. Grounds for dismissal have to universal, placing caveats on individuals is for me way too subjective. You cannot sanitise football, it's the wrong environment.
I would personally wait to see what the authorities throw at us and then make a determination as to weather the punishment fits the crime. We owe that to everybody at the club.
I hope the Board and the authorities derive some common-sense. Our reputation remains in-tact - no-one got killed and the games itself could have been handled far better. Both teams likewise - it happens - and it will again.
3 points Billericay.