Return to front page

Newest article: Fund our Future plea by johnnybakerToday 16:10Today at 16:10:49view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re Soul Searching"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re Soul Searching

By lesskinner21/1/2017 22:40Sat Jan 21 22:40:42 2017

Views: 4106

Well said John, I totally agree with what you say. I have been a Hendon supporter for 57 years, but have become saddened and disillusioned with what is going on on the pitch. We have had some tough players in our time, non tougher than Roy Sleap many years ago, but I have been disgusted every time I have attended a game at the attitude of the McLarens, by always questioning the referee, never accepting decisions and a lot of the sending off of Aaron Morgan in the play off final against Margate was down to their continue harassment of the referee which cost us promotion.

One thing that must be remembered is that the club is always bigger than the individual and I have always been proud to be associated with Hendon, for many years selling programmes and writing the programme notes, and enjoying meeting supporters and players alike. I do not get to many games now due to age and where I live and after todays' events, I'm glad I don't. That to me is sad, we do have some good and loyal players at present, and why should these be expected to accept this attitude. They both should have been released after the first events as they have certainly not done the club any good since, and we have struggled for the last two years.

Let's hope that the board now take the decision and bring us back to being the happy club that Hendon has always been, both on and off the pitch.