At least we've got the monkey of no league win at home off our back. It was tough going at times, but the confidence certainly grew after Casey put us ahead, and it was an excellent goal from Karl after he was set up by Matt Ball, who I thought had a very good debut. Marcel Barrington looked decent when he came on too.
Still prone to giving away free kicks in and around our box, but the defence held firm, and Tom Lovelock made a number of very good saves.
Long way to go though, tough test at Tonbridge next weekend, somewhere we've never really done well, but we do now seem to have a squad that is willing to battle for the club unlike some of those who have moved on.
Finally, an impeccably marked minutes silence in memory of Geraldine before the game.
- Merstham Match Thread by PF7/1/2017 10:19Sat Jan 7 10:19:59 2017view thread
- Re: Merstham Match Thread by HendonJohn7/1/2017 11:16Sat Jan 7 11:16:00 2017
- Re: Merstham Match Thread by HendonJohn7/1/2017 15:06Sat Jan 7 15:06:34 2017
- Re: First half analysis. by PF7/1/2017 16:02Sat Jan 7 16:02:19 2017
- Re: First half analysis. by PF7/1/2017 16:23Sat Jan 7 16:23:19 2017
- Re: they think it's all over by PF7/1/2017 16:50Sat Jan 7 16:50:31 2017
- Re: bloody hell! by PF7/1/2017 16:54Sat Jan 7 16:54:29 2017
- Re: Well by PF7/1/2017 17:44Sat Jan 7 17:44:41 2017
- Re: Well by embee7/1/2017 17:52Sat Jan 7 17:52:27 2017
- Re: Well by HendonJohn7/1/2017 18:31Sat Jan 7 18:31:34 2017
- Phew! by SteveHFC7/1/2017 20:58Sat Jan 7 20:58:05 2017
- Re: bloody hell! by HendonJohn7/1/2017 16:58Sat Jan 7 16:58:59 2017
- Re: First half analysis. by HendonJohn7/1/2017 16:47Sat Jan 7 16:47:06 2017
- Re: First half analysis. by rwakeley7/1/2017 23:21Sat Jan 7 23:21:07 2017
- Re: First half analysis. by dw7/1/2017 23:57Sat Jan 7 23:57:16 2017