Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: 10 Mad Minutes"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: 10 Mad Minutes

By Scarborough_Rob1/1/2017 02:35Sun Jan 1 02:35:00 2017In response to Re: 10 Mad Minutes

Views: 2426

Up following night shift for a journey down by tube, then Overground across to Richmond to catch the SW Train service to Staines. A good brisk walk down to Wheatsheaf Lane, where a good cheeseburger with bacon and onions did just the job. An impressive set up alright, even if £12 admission and £2.50 for the programme is a little on the steep side.

Plenty of Hendon fans had made the journey making themselves heard, especially when Casey Maclaren hammered home as a long throw dropped in the box.

Defence put under pressure but were coping admirably. Early days but Tom Lovelock in goal looks just what was needed. Casey and Arthur Lee were commanding at the back, with Arthur my man of the match. Boy, that lad wants it.

Beefing up the defence meant that the midfield was slightly weakened, even with the competitive edge of Big Dave. The ball was being given away far too cheaply. Keagan didn't have his best game, but he's a young lad and the physical nature of the match didn't suit him.

The two lads up front worked hard. I thought the ref made a shocking decision pulling Reis back for out muscling the last man before we took the lead. That said I could have screamed on occasions as they took up good positions but wandered offside, when just bending their runs would have had them clean through. That I'm sure will come with training and the understanding building between the two. I really like Karl, but in my opinion he needs to be vocal and let his team mates know when he is free or when there is a man on.

I appreciate that lads are carrying knocks, but not pressing the ball up top leads to pressure being put on the defence. Then the cycle goes round again.

The game probably changed when Jamie Smith had to go off injured at half time meaning Luke Tingey having to drop back and weakening the centre of midfield. The big lad who came on can play, but he needs to get fit.

I've come away with real optimism. Just a couple of players and a bit of discipline and want away from being a decent side. A couple of wins and the confidence that goes with it will see the team fine.

See you at Dulwich on Monday. Wishing I wasn't on nights but it will save me a fair few bob with the excellent choice of hostelries down that neck of the woods.

Happy New Year everyone, and thanks for everyone who has made this stranger feel so welcome. I've lived in North West London since 1999, but only since heading down to SJP to watch Dons or Wares and meeting lots of good people and encouraging my mates down have I felt like a proper local resident and part of the community. Money can't buy that.