Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Any-other day I would have to have been sedated"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Any-other day I would have to have been sedated

By Scarborough_Rob27/12/2016 09:17Tue Dec 27 09:17:03 2016In response to Re: Any-other day I would have to have been sedated

Views: 2686

Amazing entertainment, especially for the neutral lads I dragged along. As well Alan Hansen wasn't going over it on Match of the Day or the programme would just be finishing. My first 4-5 since November 1984, when Hull City came from 4-1 down at Brisbane Road to beat Orient.

Make no doubt. This is a relegation battle. But it's one that can definitely be won with one vital signing....

Until Gary finds a big, ugly, loud, experienced and confident goalie, Hendon will continue to leak goals, regardless of who's in front of him. The keeper doesn't have to be an amazing shot stopper, but someone who frightens and gains respect from his own defenders. Someone opposing forwards watch for out of the corner of their eyes. Someone who makes sure that crosses are cleared out of the way; players, ball, the lot.

While I'm not 100% sure in all of the current back four, I don't believe they are being given the best chance, because they have no confidence in the bloke behind them. They are making bad decisions based on this. This then adds pressure on to the midfield as the ball's coming straight back far too often.

The management and most of you guys know this league and players better than me. There's got to be a keeper out there to fit the bill?

Apart from the above, if the formation is to stay the same. I'd be on the blower to Mayo to see if he fancies a run at left back now that Ollie Sprague has moved on. He has impressed me every time I've seen him in action at SJP.

May it be worth trying 3-5-2? As I say, you fellas know more about the players and if it's been tried before, but a good loud keeper and three competent defenders with a five man midfield may work with the current personnel? It would stop the current exposure of the full backs if we played with two wing backs? It also gives scope to fielding 3 central midfielders; at least one of which could sit in front of the defence?

Anyway gents, and ladies!, wishing you all the best. See you at Staines!