Re: Grey Day (Madness)
After considering it for a few days , I can?t really see what I said that was so terrible? as a fan with the club at heart and wanting us simply to win games.
It?s December, the club hasn?t won a home game all season and we have just lost 4-0 at home to the side who are rock bottom of the league and yet if anyone so much as suggests all is not well they get silly abusive comments thrown back at them? I am not sure why one post can be constructed by someone as ?40 years of misery?. I was just expressing my views after a very disappointing defeat. Did i miss something? Did others leave the ground on Tuesday with a warm glow?
It seems you pay your money at the gate (which I and many others do) but can?t have an opinion if it doesn?t tow the party line.
I have attended probably ? of the home games and a few away (where they have been some brighter performances) and if we are honest, as Gary has been in his comments the performances haven?t been good enough and a squad that was openly spoken about by the management during pre-season as having ?play off potential? has already fragmented several times and we have far from realised our potential.
My comments re crowds where not meant to be negative just honest, part of the huge achievement from all concerned to get Hendon back into the borough and playing at SJP was that people would return to watch the team, crowds would grow significantly which of course could then see further investment in the squad and even more to look forward to on the pitch, so far this hasn?t happened and crowds especially midweek have been disappointing.
Surely we all want the same thing, to see Hendon winning football matches, crowds growing and a buzz around the place again.
Sadly the pattern has often become a recurring one of late at home, early goals conceded, heads dropping and teams then finishing us off quite easily ( Kingstonian, Leatherhead, Grays etc)?.
Lesson learned though StAlbansDon I will keep my opinions to myself going forward.
- Grey Day (Madness) by rwakeley13/12/2016 21:49Tue Dec 13 21:49:41 2016view thread
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by nw214/12/2016 12:13Wed Dec 14 12:13:53 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by StAlbansDon14/12/2016 13:05Wed Dec 14 13:05:44 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by nw214/12/2016 13:43Wed Dec 14 13:43:56 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by nw216/12/2016 12:47Fri Dec 16 12:47:33 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by StAlbansDon14/12/2016 18:20Wed Dec 14 18:20:19 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by Edd14/12/2016 19:43Wed Dec 14 19:43:08 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by David B15/12/2016 12:32Thu Dec 15 12:32:10 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by StAlbansDon14/12/2016 19:53Wed Dec 14 19:53:58 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by Mike Cox15/12/2016 19:45Thu Dec 15 19:45:19 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) by Scarborough_Rob16/12/2016 09:37Fri Dec 16 09:37:21 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) - the goals by johnnybaker16/12/2016 21:23Fri Dec 16 21:23:41 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) - the goals by rwakeley17/12/2016 11:34Sat Dec 17 11:34:31 2016
- Re: Grey Day (Madness) - the goals by Scarborough_Rob18/12/2016 12:57Sun Dec 18 12:57:06 2016