Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "My half-term report - Part 1"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

My half-term report - Part 1

By rwakeley14/12/2016 13:57Wed Dec 14 13:57:09 2016

Views: 2169

I knocked this out during half-time last night - probably not the best of timing. I don't claim to be an Einstein, just my thoughts. In summary, we tend to react to games which are effectively lost and appear to be incapable of producing a streamlined performance. Then out the blue we unleash our seemingly pent-up frustrations and appear gung-ho. The very fact we win in Suffolk and the South Coast suggests to me we are actually far better equipped than results suggest. I don't think it is mental.
I keep referring back to a friendly game I saw at St Neots, where for twenty minutes we looked, (without a forward line, apparently on holiday), akin to the Harlem Globetrotters, but were ultimately undone by a team with basic passing manoeuvres, (you may include a poor afternoon from Mark Kirby - but the premise remains).
Our wide midfielders (Da Costa & Maz from memory), were fantastic going forward. In my view all our wide players, too many to mention, all possess the same characteristics. They all head off in one direction as if they've heard a starting pistol go off. I can seriously count on one hand the amount of tackles any of these lads have made in those positions this season. They give the right and left backs no protection. The left back of The Tanners Saturday had the freedom of the city to dictate every move. No's 3, 7 and 11 have been having a field day on oppositions teams for way to long. It's a joy to watch us burst forward, but it's not sustainable.