Please note: this site will be unavailable between 4.30pm and 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 April due to routine maintenance

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: On a slightly jollier note"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: On a slightly jollier note

By rwakeley14/11/2016 13:33Mon Nov 14 13:33:32 2016In response to Re: On a slightly jollier note

Views: 2253

It's hard not to agree that our performances this entire campaign have been disappointing. Some may advocate dire. Saturday demonstrated the latest instalment contested between two poor sides. We did create some chances but they blocked well. Had we replicated that literally anywhere else we could have been thrashed. We finished the game with virtually no midfield and even less in defence. Even the Havant game was crying out for central midfield dominance.
In my view, for fear of repeating myself, is that I maintain we still have a decent squad - most of which is lying in an infirmary. Both Maclaren's, Big Dave, now presumably both Centre-halfs, Ollie's only just back, Seebs is out - fans are moaning about the constant changes. The Gaffer has his hands tied.
I personally maintain we have yet to formulate our best line-up or personnel. For disclosure purposes, I'm not convinced, anybody is really sure what it is. Should stalwarts re-emerge, and we still struggle, then I am concerned. Until then, we have to grin and bear it.
Most these lads on the sidelines have a proven track record, all the tinkering in the world would struggle to compensate for that experience.