Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Onward and Upward "

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Onward and Upward

By rwakeley16/10/2016 00:10Sun Oct 16 00:10:11 2016In response to Re: Onward and Upward

Views: 2785

Onward and Upward sums it up perfectly for me. Honest shift from the lads. Characteristically, despite the gap in stature, I thought we somewhat mirrored eachother in terms of deficiencies. Our frailties were exposed. Two poorly defensive goals conceded. I thought, understandably we were a tad panicky in possession. I would have loved to have seen the Wood exposed to some genuine pace. Hence my biggest disappointment on the day was not asking even more questions of them at the back. They were always going to be more composed and stronger.
The loss of Seebs and Olls paramount.
I was half expecting the battle of Balaclava - never came. Despite being in overall control I thought they were predictable and on the day lacked real penetration and incision. If that is indicative of the top flight of 'non-league' then there are a handful of our lads of whom can form the nucleus to push the club forward. More-over, what I thought we lacked on the pitch, I maintain we broadly already possess in missing personnel. A Kezie, to hold the ball up today may well have worked, an Elliott at set-pieces - I know they were unavailable.
But the overall squad offers a damn sight more than what was on display. Further out, if the Gaffer continues to replace like with like, then our team is in for a very promising future. An eclectic mix of talents.
As is of today, I maintain we are a construction project. The plans are in the head, the foundations are being layed and the materials are being brought in. We are on the right track. I thought today was invaluable in assessing where we are and what we need in bringing the project on-stream.
Rome wasn't built in a day.