Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Onward and Upward"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Onward and Upward

By SteveHFC15/10/2016 20:43Sat Oct 15 20:43:40 2016In response to Re: Onward and Upward

Views: 2840

I'm certainly not downhearted tonight - I was far more unhappy last week after we'd thrown away a 3-0 lead against a very average Lowestoft side, whereas today we were beaten by a very good Boreham Wood side.

I thought our attitude and effort was excellent, we gave it a go, but Boreham Wood were on their game and were just too good for us, as you would expect from a side that is more than 50 places above us in the league system.

I thought we caused them a few problems going forward, and there were a few times we looked like we'd created a shooting chance only for a white-shirted body to appear in the way of the shot. Absolutely nothing we could have done about the first goal, shame about the communication breakdown that allowed the second to the scored - and the third was always a possibility as we pushed forward to try and get back in the game. That was one of the real positives for me, that we didn't give up at 2-0, and still kept going and looking for a way back.

If we play most of our remaining games this season like we did today, we're going to be absolutely fine - but we need to start with results at Worthing and Burgess Hill next week (after hopefully beating Wembley on Wednesday)