Re: Onward and Upward
I'm certainly not downhearted tonight - I was far more unhappy last week after we'd thrown away a 3-0 lead against a very average Lowestoft side, whereas today we were beaten by a very good Boreham Wood side.
I thought our attitude and effort was excellent, we gave it a go, but Boreham Wood were on their game and were just too good for us, as you would expect from a side that is more than 50 places above us in the league system.
I thought we caused them a few problems going forward, and there were a few times we looked like we'd created a shooting chance only for a white-shirted body to appear in the way of the shot. Absolutely nothing we could have done about the first goal, shame about the communication breakdown that allowed the second to the scored - and the third was always a possibility as we pushed forward to try and get back in the game. That was one of the real positives for me, that we didn't give up at 2-0, and still kept going and looking for a way back.
If we play most of our remaining games this season like we did today, we're going to be absolutely fine - but we need to start with results at Worthing and Burgess Hill next week (after hopefully beating Wembley on Wednesday)
- Onward and Upward by Mike Cox15/10/2016 17:22Sat Oct 15 17:22:19 2016view thread
- Re: clip of the near miss. by PF17/10/2016 15:01Mon Oct 17 15:01:09 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by PF15/10/2016 20:25Sat Oct 15 20:25:20 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by Deadman15/10/2016 19:39Sat Oct 15 19:39:31 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by SteveHFC15/10/2016 20:43Sat Oct 15 20:43:40 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by Rainham don15/10/2016 21:07Sat Oct 15 21:07:11 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by John Rogers15/10/2016 20:59Sat Oct 15 20:59:33 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by dw16/10/2016 07:40Sun Oct 16 07:40:34 2016
- Re: Onward and Upward by rwakeley16/10/2016 00:10Sun Oct 16 00:10:11 2016