Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to ""Bad day at the office" is being kind"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

"Bad day at the office" is being kind

By David B26/9/2016 13:10Mon Sep 26 13:10:31 2016In response to Re: Shameful

Views: 2595

First of all to clear up the team selection: one player was unavailable beyond our control; another had a slight injury and wasn't going to be risked except in an absolute emergency; and the third player was left out for resting purposes. That explains the selection, the formation, as you will read when I have written up Gary?s quotes - I deliberately didn't speak to him until today to give everyome a chance to calm down a little - the boss has been very honest.

Worst ever performance is subjective ... Leyton 1-9, Kingstonian 0-7, Lowestoft 1-8 all jump out, the third in particular, and a few cup ties, Brimsdown Rovers and Southwark Borough in county cups, Ruislip Manor, twice, and Wembley in the FA Cup were all pretty dire. Saturday's game fits neatly in with them.

How different things might have been if we had converted the chance we had right at the start of the second half. Confidence being what it is, it might well have knocked Enfield back and boosted us, but we didn't score. The penalty miss at 4-0 would have made little difference.

Quite simply, it appears we cannot win a League game at Donkey Lane. Our first visit there, a 6-3 defeat, was also pretty desperate, but I have just checked to see who was in our defence on that horrible afternoon in late 2012: Berkley was in goal, Ryan Wharton and Scott Cousins were the full-backs and James Fisher and Elliott Brathwaite the centre backs, and, in front them, we had Isaiah Rankin and Darren Currie, as well as Kevin and Casey, Michael Murray and Greg Ngoyi (Big Dave was on the bench). The following year ? a 3?2 loss ? we had Junior Morais, Jefferson Louis and Jack Bennett in the starting line-up.

Here's hoping we turn things around at Canvey Island on Tuesday night.