Fans, flags and support
Interesting point about the Ultras. Clapton and Dulwich have seen enormous spikes in their attendances, the former even more than Hamlet. Five years ago, Clapton's average attendance was around 25 per game, now it is 350+.
Unfortunately, their political alignment, especially Clapton's, is some way further to the left than Jeremy Corbyn, and I say "unfortunately" not because of my political stance but because football clubs should not be vehicles for extreme ideologies (1980s Steaua Bucharest anyone). I don't like any banners making political statements at football grounds, but then again, I also hate seeing the Union flag or English flag defaced with a sports team's name.
The opposite argument is whether you would prefer to see 1,200–1,500 fans attending Hendon home games or 250. The singing and support of Clapton fans is almost invariably good natured, and their false hatred for tenants London Bari and other East London clubs (at least I think it’s false, given Bari consider a good attendance to be one in the mid-20s) is, therefore, amusing rather than threatening.
How much easier Hendon's lives would be - financially at least - if the crowds were around 1,000 every game.
- Dulwich Hamlet by SteveHFC29/8/2016 18:59Mon Aug 29 18:59:56 2016view thread
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by John Rogers29/8/2016 22:33Mon Aug 29 22:33:33 2016
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by dw29/8/2016 23:13Mon Aug 29 23:13:17 2016
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by John Rogers29/8/2016 23:26Mon Aug 29 23:26:31 2016
- Fans, flags and support by David B30/8/2016 14:23Tue Aug 30 14:23:06 2016
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by Paul Butler30/8/2016 00:13Tue Aug 30 00:13:20 2016
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by Dom30/8/2016 08:18Tue Aug 30 08:18:18 2016
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by John Rogers30/8/2016 10:00Tue Aug 30 10:00:52 2016
- Re: Dulwich Hamlet by Hendonboy30/8/2016 08:59Tue Aug 30 08:59:46 2016