Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Wingate & Finchley"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Wingate & Finchley

By rwakeley21/8/2016 08:18Sun Aug 21 08:18:55 2016In response to Re: Wingate & Finchley

Views: 2457

Regarding the excellent post above....and before I get started on Hendon
I bashed on about this post the K's. This for me is an exceptionally important aspect of the modern game, at all levels and one we have to place extreme emphasis on.
The modern era of football's psyche is bloody shot. Kids are more interested in the colour of their boots than learning how to tackle properly. Ironically, another soft free kick contributed to their goal. This is utterly endemic in our game throughout and weakens the overall standard. Everybody growing up today hero worships these half-baked individuals as Demi-Gods and wants to play like Ronaldo.
Actually yesterday, I thought the tackling was reasonable. Players are generally play-acting and on another day the ref yesterday could have blown up a thousand times.
This rant is not directed at Hendon in the critical aspect, but we have to wake up and take into consideration that the modern game as moved on for the worse. We've got to man up - in the right way, because set-pieces are crucial. More-over the referees have to acknowledge that physical contact is part of the game.