Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: bitten in the b....."

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: bitten in the b.....

By rwakeley8/2/2016 18:09Mon Feb 8 18:09:57 2016In response to Re: bitten in the b.....

Views: 2524

I feel for the Gaffer wholesale. Every week there's a huddle of injured players surrounding the dugout. Several on crutches. We've lost Seebs, Shults, Maz and Elliott Braithwaite. We have not had a single week where the side has been anywhere near full strength. The season has been one of constant crisis management. I'll take the frustrations of the present short-term for what the potential is any day.
As far as Gary is concerned, along with the likes of Coops and Dowson, the lad has produced miracles. If we have had an in-different spell, so what, he's earned his stripes and warrants respect from all, including the playing staff. If for what reason, he deems them surplus to requirement that's his responsibility.
If I had one personal gripe this season it would be our inability to cope with known threats, both individually and collectively. The defensive work in midfield has been a constant problem and left our backs exposed.
The goals on Saturday were similar to those at Hampton with little protection. That's a concern for Saturday. Mr Dowson proclaiming he has the best player in the league, intricate passing combined with the most entertaining eleven. Good on him! There should really only be one winner!
There's your motivation for Saturday chaps!