Please note: this site will be unavailable between 4.30pm and 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 April due to routine maintenance

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: My favourite match of 2015"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: My favourite match of 2015

By rwakeley1/1/2016 16:32Fri Jan 1 16:32:56 2016In response to Re: My favourite match of 2015

Views: 2847

Paul, Margate away, the anticipation - and I wasn't there!
I honestly felt the winners of that could win the league. So close, no cigar. A catalyst for an unbeaten run which encompassed two cup finals and the play-off finals. What an effort by the lads against a very strong, powerful unit. I recall my emotions as the twitter feeds were updated.
As for my own choice - I would have to choose the Gaffers testimonial. Not just based on the occasion, but equally so not being personally able to get to many night fixtures. Half expecting a pre-season jolly as is often the event the game proved to a real humdinger. A more than fitting tribute to Gary.
A real purposeful demonstration by predominately young players given an occasion to showcase their talents.
You could see the desire in the lads in the performance. The sheer mental strength was evident. Everything that football should be about was displayed in the heart of the combatants that night.