Return to front page

Newest article: Fund our Future plea by johnnybaker26/4 16:10Fri Apr 26 16:10:49 2024view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Glass half full or half empty?"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Glass half full or half empty?

By SteveHFC26/12/2015 20:07Sat Dec 26 20:07:43 2015In response to Glass half full or half empty?

Views: 2774

Half empty - definitely after being 4-1 up after 21 minutes. At that point it did look like we could score at will and we were in control of the game - but like others, I suspected we'd concede more.

Elsewhere, I've described it as schoolboy defending, comedy goalkeeping, but entertaining (more so for neutrals than those of us with club allegances).

I've only seen 6 competitive games so far this season - 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat - so I've been more fortunate with what I've seen than most supporters - but the defending today concerns me greatly. Defend like that against the top teams and we'll get smashed. That said, I'm know that Gary, Scott & Freddie are on the case and working to improve things.

Going forward, I thought we looked ok - impressed with the two lads from Barnet, and whilst Ben Pattie was only a sub today, he impressed me in the LSC game a few weeks ago. Pleased to see Adam Wallace involved - hope he's able to be available more during the second half of the season. Carl McCluskey definitely has something to offer us too - we all know what he's capable of.

One thing I don't understand - based on the games I've seen, including pre-season - is why Joe Wright is getting the nod ahead of Melvin Minter. For me, Melvin is the more solid keeper.

Whilst there are clearly concerns, one thing I won't accuse any of the players of is a lack of effort today - I thought everyone worked hard, even if their end product wasn't up to the standards we'd like to see, or were seeing last season.

We have 17 games left - I reckon we need to win 7 of those to ensure we stay up. I think, especially with Chris Seeby and Casey Maclaren to come back in the next few weeks, we'll be fine, and we can then look forward to our future at SJP.