Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Dulwich"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Dulwich

By richhend9/11/2015 11:47Mon Nov 9 11:47:58 2015In response to Dulwich

Views: 2808

Interesting point about the size of the Dulwich players. Looking at player movements they appear to bring in a lot of their players from Conference National and South sides where 'big' looks to be an essential requisite for players. I recall John Still when he was Dagenham manager saying if it's a choice between a good big un and a good little un you pick the good un.

Additionally, Dulwich are very good at recruiting young players related by the Football league sides in South London, something presumably because of our financial situation we no longer seem able to do. Who was the last, Dermot Drummy.

I hope that with the move to SJP, signing for Hendon will become a more attractive prospect. Linked to this I wonder if having a permanent home will make it easier to attract new money into the club?

One challenge facing the Club will be as the Covent Garden advertising agency folks would put it will be re - establishing the brand in the Hendon area. To be honest, I don't know how you do this, given that the local paper is now no more than a classified ads sheet.

Perhaps we need to recruit that distinguished ex-pupil of Hendon County, Lord Mandela on to get the message out there.