Interesting point about the size of the Dulwich players. Looking at player movements they appear to bring in a lot of their players from Conference National and South sides where 'big' looks to be an essential requisite for players. I recall John Still when he was Dagenham manager saying if it's a choice between a good big un and a good little un you pick the good un.
Additionally, Dulwich are very good at recruiting young players related by the Football league sides in South London, something presumably because of our financial situation we no longer seem able to do. Who was the last, Dermot Drummy.
I hope that with the move to SJP, signing for Hendon will become a more attractive prospect. Linked to this I wonder if having a permanent home will make it easier to attract new money into the club?
One challenge facing the Club will be as the Covent Garden advertising agency folks would put it will be re - establishing the brand in the Hendon area. To be honest, I don't know how you do this, given that the local paper is now no more than a classified ads sheet.
Perhaps we need to recruit that distinguished ex-pupil of Hendon County, Lord Mandela on to get the message out there.
- Surprise, surprise by Mike Cox7/11/2015 16:04Sat Nov 7 16:04:11 2015view thread
- Re: Surprise, surprise by rwakeley8/11/2015 01:22Sun Nov 8 01:22:22 2015
- Re: Surprise, surprise by dw8/11/2015 07:03Sun Nov 8 07:03:14 2015
- Re: Surprise, surprise by John Rogers8/11/2015 20:46Sun Nov 8 20:46:13 2015
- Dulwich by Deadman9/11/2015 09:33Mon Nov 9 09:33:28 2015
- Re: Dulwich by richhend9/11/2015 11:47Mon Nov 9 11:47:58 2015