Re: Line in the sand
As always a great post from Steve. I still maintain this is an underlying football problem. What we have faced is a perfect storm scenario and emanates from being without, (sorry to bring up the Maclaren's), but yes there loss is tangible. With them we could be top of the league, who knows.
My disappointment remains from the first game I saw pre-season at St Neots. Goalkeeper, Centre-half and Centre-midfield all flagged up by all those fans present. That's the spine of the team. All those positions remain to some degree in a degree of flux.
As for the Enfield lad, he may well have Maclaren-esque characteristics - that's something we may well have to adhere to in order to extract the positives. We need some experience out-there. For 24 hours I was hanging my hat on the lad Busby coming back into the fold. I still think we need a Scholes type. Finding the right player is not like putting items in a shopping basket on Ebay. I see this as an opportunity to become stronger.
There's so much going on in a perverse kind of way I'm quite enjoying it. We have the nucleus of a very good team, that hasn't evaporated, it's on hold, it needs to be restored and it will be.
- Line in the sand by lesskinner13/9/2015 11:55Sun Sep 13 11:55:20 2015view thread
- Re: Line in the sand by Mike Cox13/9/2015 16:32Sun Sep 13 16:32:20 2015
- Re: Line in the sand by Simon13/9/2015 18:56Sun Sep 13 18:56:19 2015
- Re: Line in the sand by Claremont Man14/9/2015 14:18Mon Sep 14 14:18:20 2015
- Re: Line in the sand by David Smith13/9/2015 16:44Sun Sep 13 16:44:02 2015
- Re: Line in the sand by Hendonboy13/9/2015 18:40Sun Sep 13 18:40:47 2015
- Re: Line in the sand by rwakeley13/9/2015 17:18Sun Sep 13 17:18:35 2015
- Re: Line in the sand by SteveHFC13/9/2015 21:47Sun Sep 13 21:47:54 2015
- Re: Line in the sand by rwakeley13/9/2015 22:53Sun Sep 13 22:53:17 2015
- Re: Line in the sand by Mike Cox14/9/2015 12:00Mon Sep 14 12:00:44 2015
- Re: Line in the sand by David B14/9/2015 13:13Mon Sep 14 13:13:39 2015