Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Line in the sand"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Line in the sand

By rwakeley13/9/2015 22:53Sun Sep 13 22:53:17 2015In response to Re: Line in the sand

Views: 2960

As always a great post from Steve. I still maintain this is an underlying football problem. What we have faced is a perfect storm scenario and emanates from being without, (sorry to bring up the Maclaren's), but yes there loss is tangible. With them we could be top of the league, who knows.
My disappointment remains from the first game I saw pre-season at St Neots. Goalkeeper, Centre-half and Centre-midfield all flagged up by all those fans present. That's the spine of the team. All those positions remain to some degree in a degree of flux.
As for the Enfield lad, he may well have Maclaren-esque characteristics - that's something we may well have to adhere to in order to extract the positives. We need some experience out-there. For 24 hours I was hanging my hat on the lad Busby coming back into the fold. I still think we need a Scholes type. Finding the right player is not like putting items in a shopping basket on Ebay. I see this as an opportunity to become stronger.
There's so much going on in a perverse kind of way I'm quite enjoying it. We have the nucleus of a very good team, that hasn't evaporated, it's on hold, it needs to be restored and it will be.