Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Line in the sand"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Line in the sand

By rwakeley13/9/2015 17:18Sun Sep 13 17:18:35 2015In response to Re: Line in the sand

Views: 3031

I'm not sure in underlying acquiesce what everybody expects. Paul eluded to it and I agree - this batch of ill-discipline is correlated to coming up short and being overran in the middle. We had the same thing 3 or 4 years ago and worked through it and will again.
To be fair to the Gaffer he has acknowledged the problem and and so has everybody else. But he or the club cannot control the actions of individuals once they cross the white line. That is their responsibility.
I maintain that the recent sentiments are based around the actions of one player yesterday whilst the rest of the squad have fully accepted they need act appropriately.
It's unfortunate that one further incident has undermined what could have in effect been to the greater part resolved.
The players are aware of what is going on and to some degree it may even have a detrimental effect on their play. They have to play their natural game not feeling intimidated by fear of failure.
Hopefully yesterday with regards to this issue we hit rock bottom and consequently the only way is up. We got over it last time and we will again.
As for our form, it's a test of everybody's character and we have enough about us to progress.