Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Discipline (From Gary's twitter feed)"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Discipline (From Gary's twitter feed)

By Deadman1/9/2015 07:54Tue Sep 1 07:54:10 2015In response to Re: Discipline (From Gary's twitter feed)

Views: 4838

The two suspensions for Sam and Aaron were completely avoidable and the first one has clearly damaged the team, as we have lost ALL three games that Aaron has missed and we haven't really looked like scoring. We have yet to see how Sam's absence will affect us but it's not likely to have a positive impact.

I think most people think that it's a balance that's needed. We all want to see players tackle hard but we don't want to see reckless/dangerous play. We want players to be competitive but we don't want a team of whining Robbie Savages because it just doesn't make for good viewing. For sure, have the odd word with the ref and the opposition but not for the full 90 minutes. It's a pain to listen to and after a while it actually turns officials against you.

On the subject of being competitive and having a winning mentality, I've got the impression that the players are currently a bit too wound-up (a fine line, I know). I see a lot of angst and arguing amongst them on the field (with a few exceptions like Dave) and I've also noticed a tiny bit of dissent towards our own bench. Maybe these things are more noticeable when the team isn't winning but the players could do worse than relax and remember that ultimately they are playing for the enjoyment of the game. I'm sure then, that the results will follow because they all have talent.