Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Discipline (From Gary's twitter feed)"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Discipline (From Gary's twitter feed)

By Paul Butler (buts1690)31/8/2015 12:00Mon Aug 31 12:00:55 2015In response to Re: Discipline (From Gary's twitter feed)

Views: 4778

It's clear to me that people seem to really care what other clubs and other clubs' fans think of us. We have as a team been disliked the past couple of years because we've been beating teams, and sometimes been very clever at manipulating a weak referee. I'd rather do that and win than be nice and lose. That's my point.

Haven't seen Smurph's red from Saturday, but Morgs' one v Enfield was disappointing. I certainly agree that we need to be a little bit more clever about these things.

Football in general is far too watered down nowadays - have a look at any of the straight reds dished out like confetti in the Premier League this weekend (or an equally ridiculous one for a Queen of the South player against Rangers yesterday) for plenty of examples. A straight red used to be for genuinely VIOLENT conduct, as in something that is going to really hurt an opponent. But then when you get a year's ban for a punch up in the bar afterwards then it goes to show how much the game has changed, in my opinion for the worse.