Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Discipline (From Gary's twitter feed)"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Discipline (From Gary's twitter feed)

By SteveHFC31/8/2015 11:44Mon Aug 31 11:44:56 2015In response to Re: Discipline (From Gary's twitter feed)

Views: 4855

I agree with Paul that any suggestions of a change in management are way over the top - especially given Gary's comments on twitter yesterday. He's aware there's a bit of a disciplinary issue at the moment, and he's going to deal with it. Let's let him do that. He's done it before, and he'll do it again.

Overall, I don't think our discipline has been that bad this season - it's just that a much higher proportion than normal of our red and yellow cards have been needless and unnecessary, and that is where my frustration lies. Dissent and violent conduct are unacceptable in my opinion, no matter what the provocation or frustration.

Sam Murphy has apologised on twitter for his red card - he knows he's made a stupid heat of the moment mistake and he's clearly keen to let his football do the talking.

Dissent is indefensible at any time, no matter how wrong anyone might think a decision is. By having a go at the ref and swearing at him, you're not going to change his mind. We all know this, so why waste the effort. I'll never ever understand this.

I think the biggest issue that has arisen over the past couple of days is that our poor discipline on Saturday clearly had a likely negative effect on the result.

As for the Maclaren's, I've deliberately kept quiet on the topic, but have given my opinions to Simon about it. I've also told Simon that whatever he, the directors and Gary decide to do, I'll support them whether I agree with the outcome or not.

One thing I will always say about Simon - and indeed Gary - is that they will listen when we are unhappy with what's happening. If you have an issue you'd like to raise with them, they are always both approachable.

Finally, let's respect the fact that some of us have different opinions to others, and that we're not all going to agree. There is no need for any personal attacks on other supporters.