Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Discipline"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Discipline

By Paul Butler (buts1690)20/8/2015 15:48Thu Aug 20 15:48:37 2015In response to Re: Discipline

Views: 5100

Let's rewind to when Gary took over from Gary Farrell, with Nicholls and his cronies controlling the dressing room, the disciplinary record under Choules that season as well was awful, far worse than now. Gary came in and cleaned things up, kept us up and the disciplinary record improved a lot, so much so that I think as a team we were too nice and didn't have a killer instinct. With experience, Gary has got a team together now that fight for each other, and have a will to win unlike any Hendon side I've ever seen. Margate and Maidstone didn't like us for one reason - we were beating them. We're not in this to make friends, we're in it to win things. Winning things is what we're doing at the moment, and if opposition fans don't like us for it, then eff them! I'd much rather win the league and have everyone hate us than be mid table and have all the opposition fans saying how great we were (which is exactly the comments we got in Gary's first couple of years)

Shults has always been gobby, it's a trait that I'm sure Gary was aware of when signing him (and to be fair the foul on Tuesday was as blatant as can be, so I can see his frustration on that one)

The MacLaren situation aside, we don't get any more suspensions or red cards than any other club, Morgs' red was a silly one and I'm sure he knows that, but these things happen.