Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Scrappy - but 100% effort"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Scrappy - but 100% effort

By Deadman11/8/2015 13:27Tue Aug 11 13:27:12 2015In response to Re: Scrappy - but 100% effort

Views: 2326

A typical early season encounter....frenetic, full of enthusiasm and devoid of any pattern. Given our league record against Enfield, last night's result must be seen as fantastic (especially when the other factors are thrown in). My pick was Dave, who despite an early booking for a crude challenge, kept himself in check without detracting from a huge defensive performance. We are very lucky to have such a genuine team-player in our ranks.

I agree 100% that we've got to simmer down a bit on the refs. Long term it's not going to do us any favours with them...because they have LONG memories when it comes to that sort of thing. Also, it lacks class.

Generally things need to settle down a bit. We need the missing players back and we need to be able to settle on a hardcore of key starters. I suspect however that it may be a while longer before we see this as I understand we now have more players going away on hols. This makes Aaron's red card even more frustrating...especially as he has been shaping up very nicely in recent times.

So, message to Aaron....please try not to do it again. Gary and the boys need you and we fans really love watching you play!