Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Scrappy - but 100% effort"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Scrappy - but 100% effort

By SteveHFC11/8/2015 10:36Tue Aug 11 10:36:54 2015

Views: 2483

I think it's fair to say that was a scrappy and niggly game last night - but our workrate and effort was absolutely top notch - particularly in the second half when we were down to ten men.

There's no doubt that the squad, even the new boys, are determined to continue the excellent work from last season, and it's performances like last night that will go a long way to determining where we finish at the end of the season.

Not going to lay into Aaron - I'm sure he knows he was silly. Didn't see the incident myself, just the Enfield 4 falling on the floor like a sack of potatoes, but from his reaction, and that of the rest of the players, suggests that he did do something. As long as he learns and doesn't do it again.

I thought Luke Tingey and Ryan Wharton were superb at the back, especially given they only met for the first time a few days ago.

Tough game again Saturday - but go into the game with the same attitude and application, and we shouldn't go too far wrong.