Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Hopes and predictions for 2015/16"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Hopes and predictions for 2015/16

By rwakeley5/8/2015 17:48Wed Aug 5 17:48:58 2015In response to Re: Hopes and predictions for 2015/16

Views: 2596

Agree with all the above, with the overriding caveat the loss of the Mac lads. A nice curtailment to be dropped in the Gaffer's lap, albiet probably expected.
Oppositions of whom pass through the middle up nice and early. Grays, Enfield, Dulwich and East Thurrock good early indicators of our mettle.
Until our personnel get bedded in more questions than answers. Personally I am a huge admirer of the lad Fisher, very rarely loses possession even when under duress.
Underpinned with caution we should be reasonably confident - we have the personnel. We need strong leadership to cojole the youngsters. Games are not generally won in the first twenty minutes - we have looked a tad Harlem Globetrotters pre-season. Then there's the winter pitches. There is nothing new and nothing we cannot contend with. In maintaining possession an element of patience may be more appropriate.
I believe we are in a good place. The players will have to face challenges and they will have to be reminded what they can do, what they bring to the table and how they can improve. It's a fascinating dynamic.
Moreover, I suspect the lads have a point to prove to themselves.