Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Misconduct Charge?"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Misconduct Charge?

By John Rogers30/6/2015 07:43Tue Jun 30 07:43:40 2015In response to Re: Misconduct Charge?

Views: 3894

This is embarrassing.

To call someone who's been beaten up a coward and accusing him of doing a runner? I had to check I wasn't on the forum of a Connie South club not a million miles we from us where a section of support seem to see giving someone a slap as part and parcel of a boozy awayday.

For what its worth, I've met Mike Bayly and found him to be a very decent, down to earth bloke. His help and guidance was invaluable in working out where and when to promote the Pay What You Want event.

Equally, there is a section of Wingate supporters whose behaviour that afternoon was pathetic. Some of the invective from behind the goal in the first half (I was on the tannoy) might have made Paul blush. Simon's yellow and red card would have been in overdrive. At the League Cup game one of their fans felt no shame in using a homophobic term towards one of our players - this was flagged up to the Wingate board post game and subsequently dealt with.

I cannot comment on the incident inside the bar because I wasn't there. What I can comment on is the mental and psychological effect 'getting a slap' can have on someone and no-one, absolutely no-one, can ever be justified in describing them as cowards.

Edited by John Rogers at 07:46:03 on 30th June 2015