Re: Highest goal scorer
First up, the Green & Gold article states that John Baker is the 3rd highest scorer since 1963. Rod Haider is above him, and I can't remember who the other one is. David Hyde scored 118.
There are two players prior to the Isthmian League era who scored more. Freddie Evans, who has long been considered the club's record scorer has 181 according to the website data, but Roy Stroud has 212.
I suspect the difference is down to additional data having been found in the intervening years.
The data does include wartime league & cup games - but if we didn't include that data, we wouldn't get anywhere near Bill Fisher's appearance record (generally stated as 787 - the website has it as 716. Not sure there are as many as 71 appearances missing, but if we don't include the games he played during WWII then he would have a much lower appearance total.
Edited by SteveHFC at 12:04:39 on 4th June 2015
- Highest goal scorer by Don of Caddington3/6/2015 19:38Wed Jun 3 19:38:24 2015view thread
- Re: Highest goal scorer by John Rogers4/6/2015 10:29Thu Jun 4 10:29:35 2015
- Re: Highest goal scorer by David B4/6/2015 11:45Thu Jun 4 11:45:32 2015
- Re: Highest goal scorer by SteveHFC4/6/2015 11:58Thu Jun 4 11:58:23 2015
- Re: Highest goal scorer by ChrisHFC4/6/2015 12:09Thu Jun 4 12:09:29 2015
- Re: Other Club Records by rwakeley4/6/2015 13:01Thu Jun 4 13:01:39 2015