ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.hendonfc.net

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: On this day feature by David B25/2 18:57Thu Feb 25 18:57:41 2021view thread

Oldest article: Lowestoft away by Malc29/8/2013 19:10Thu Aug 29 19:10:33 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "My Hendon......"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

My Hendon......

By Deadman27/5/2015 09:32Wed May 27 09:32:40 2015In response to Re: My Hendon by Martyn Lewington

Views: 11309

How long have you been supporting Hendon? Following for 43 years....supporting properly for a lot lot less!
What was your first game? 1972 Amateur Cup Semi Final v Wycombe Wanderers at Griffin Park.
How did you find Hendon FC? My Dad was born in Cricklewood and was a die-hard home and away supporter throughout the 1950's & early 1960's. He took me to a few games in the 1970's and we went to a couple in the 80's.
Why do you support Hendon FC? A few factors....wanting to see a great old club do well against the odds, Earlsmead is local to me, the players give it everything and the people around the club are very friendly.
Favourite Hendon game? Probably this season's League Cup Final win v Grays. Great goals, great saves from Ben, great venue, great spirit from both teams and a great result!!
Favourite Hendon memory? Beating Reading at home 1-0 in The FA Cup. Remember the crowd packed into Claremont Road (no idea of the official figure?) and the general excitement of the FA Cup.
Favourite team to play? Lewes away...love their ground, Dulwich away...great pub at Denmark Hill before and after, Bognor away....superb pitch and the egg and bacon rolls were done just right!
Favourite Hendon player of all time? Peter Deadman. Oozed class at the back. Our very own Bobby Moore!