ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.hendonfc.net

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: On this day feature by David B25/2 18:57Thu Feb 25 18:57:41 2021view thread

Oldest article: Lowestoft away by Malc29/8/2013 19:10Thu Aug 29 19:10:33 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: My Hendon by Martyn Lewington"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: My Hendon by Martyn Lewington

By GaryJones25/5/2015 17:29Mon May 25 17:29:02 2015In response to My Hendon by Martyn Lewington

Views: 11381

How long have you been supporting Hendon? Since 1969 regularly though I had a lean period in the 80s & 90s.
What was your first game? In 1966, taken by Dad who worked in the nearby Handley Page aircraft factory
How did you find Hendon FC? Easily living in West Hendon, encouraged by Dad. From 69 till 74, went with combinations of the bigger local boys - John (Richardson - also here), Paul (Sanderson).... no George....but Richard (Church - also here)...and also Rob (Benham). We walked over the North Circular Rd & up Brent Terrace. Also went to loads of away games in early 70s on supporters' coach(es) and in time by car as the lads passed the driving test.
Why do you support Hendon FC? In the blood or at least by osmosis from age 6.
Favourite Hendon game? Amateur Cup semi in 72 against Wycombe at Brentford. Great game,
Favourite Hendon memory? Music on the "tannoy" at Claremont Rd before the game & at half time - "Band of Gold" and "Love Grows" seemed to be on an endless loop in the early 70s. Also winning a free season ticket & Rod Haider presenting it to me on the pitch.
Favourite team to play? The old Enfield FC.
Favourite Hendon player of all time? Rod Haider (though Swannell, Deadman, Anderson, Baker come close)