Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Diappointment and Relief"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Diappointment and Relief

By Hendonboy17/5/2015 20:47Sun May 17 20:47:51 2015In response to Re: Diappointment and Relief

Views: 4784

To me, (the opposite wing) it didn't look any worse than the three or four challenges down that side in the previous 5 minutes, although I've heard a couple of people suggest there may have been a stamp - if so, then spot on, otherwise not entirely convinced.

It was noticeable that things were starting to escalate (he let the first couple go, then spoke to one of the Margate players for the previous one) and I got the feeling that the red was bourne as much from a desire to stamp authority on the game and stop things getting silly as they were threatening to do. If so, a better way to do it may have been a yellow and then to pull both captains across to tell them that any more challenges like that from anyone would be dealt with sternly.

Leaving aside any refereeing questions, the right side certainly won today. A poor quality game overall, with the ball spending too much time in the air for my liking, but Margate had more possession and for a 15 minute period of the first half made excellent use of it - they could and should have been further ahead by half time. Was disappointed with how they approached the later stages of the second half - I don't think I've seen a strong side defending a 1-0 lead from their own corner quite like that before - but Wassmer (the 5) was excellent and Nikki Bull never tested, although Tags had a good go late on.

Under the circumstances, nothing to be disappointed in with today's performance - the squad left everything they had on the pitch, no shame in coming up short.