Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Get behind the team... LOUD and PROUD!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Get behind the team... LOUD and PROUD!

By jimsredwhiteandgreen8/4/2015 16:19Wed Apr 8 16:19:56 2015In response to Re: F & A

Views: 3370

After having a read through over the last few days or so I thought I would add my bit. As it's a public open forum, there is no need to do the teacher - naughty school boy act.

As arsenal is increasingly pricing me out for the Cat A games now, i'm finding the joys of watching hendon again are more rewarding... at the moment. Attended saturday's game with my 4 year old lad and my mate and his boy. Now as a youngster some 27 years ago, being a ball boy down claremont road back then found myself hearing OTT language. As I got a bit older a few of us from the local west hendon estate went to the games on our own and became part of the "behind the goal gang", although when my dad came he liked us to stand on the side due to the language.

Now bringing my lad along I found myself keeping him out on the wing or near the corner post due to the OTT language. Very hard when the kids are saying .. i want to go behind the net or behind the goal. or when they ask " What did that man say?"

As Rob and Simon have said, the future support of Hendon fans will come from the youngsters who will hopefully be introduced to Hendon over the next season or two and start attending regularly and then start paying adult prices etc... as they get older. The same with all clubs from premiership to non league.

Was having a read on the maidstone forum and they were commenting on how quiet their game on monday was at home due to supporters feeling tense or continually checking their phones for updates.

I felt that our vocal support at home to maidstone and away at Wingate & Finchley was pretty quiet and not up to the normal racket we are famous for. The drum and Bugle days.

Clap along to "Green Army" or "Gary Mac's Green / White Army" which becomes very affective.
"Come on Hendon" or "Come on You Greens" everytime we get a corner or a free kick.

That aside, a very healthy away following at Wingate & Finchley which must have seen more than 160 of us there.

So ... Let's get behind this team .. and maybe .. just maybe ...

Edited by jimsredwhiteandgreen at 16:22:32 on 8th April 2015