Not as bad
The story I heard this morning was breaking and the intelligence given to the radio station was slightly out.
ALB has told me that the tunnel with flooding is to the north of Farringdon, the one between St Pancras, the now-closed Kings Cross Thameslink and Farringdon. I believe that is why there will be no Thameslink service southbound from St Pancras on Saturday and the Gatwick/Brighton services will start at Farringdon. Apparently although water was spotted in the tunnel, there was nothing like the amount that left the track flooded last weekend and trains were able to get through, albeit more slowly than usual - and the service has been reduced by about 40 percent as a precaution. Hopefully, the water won't get worse and the service will be as advertised at the weekend.
- Peacehaven Away by John Rice28/1/2015 07:38Wed Jan 28 07:38:55 2015view thread
- Peacehaven Away for £7 each! by jimsredwhiteandgreen28/1/2015 10:37Wed Jan 28 10:37:21 2015
- Re: Peacehaven Away for £7 each! by John28/1/2015 18:20Wed Jan 28 18:20:17 2015
- NO St Pancras - Brighton trains by Paul Butler28/1/2015 17:09Wed Jan 28 17:09:38 2015
- Restrictions by Paul Butler28/1/2015 17:21Wed Jan 28 17:21:44 2015
- Possible problem by David B28/1/2015 18:27Wed Jan 28 18:27:06 2015
- Not as bad by David B28/1/2015 21:59Wed Jan 28 21:59:28 2015
- Re: Not as bad by ChrisHFC28/1/2015 22:53Wed Jan 28 22:53:55 2015
- Best thing to do by Paul Butler29/1/2015 00:05Thu Jan 29 00:05:51 2015
- It's just an alternative by jimsredwhiteandgreen29/1/2015 10:30Thu Jan 29 10:30:19 2015
- alternative by eddieedd29/1/2015 19:04Thu Jan 29 19:04:16 2015
- Re: alternative by Jake30/1/2015 12:39Fri Jan 30 12:39:36 2015
- West Hampstead by Jake31/1/2015 07:25Sat Jan 31 07:25:42 2015