Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Collecting for the Cause"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Collecting for the Cause

By rwakeley (legacy user)28/12/2014 00:33Sun Dec 28 00:33:01 2014In response to today's game

Views: 4245

Not the Irish Republican Army - but the Green Army. Special shout out to Eddie Edwards. Missed half the match raising funds for the club throughout proceedings. Respect is due.
For me that was our best performance this season. Ref stuff and Wingate aside, we displayed real cohesion underpinned on a back-drop of real team desire.
That lad Ibe demonstrated everything you require in a team. His control was sublime. The role of Lee. That lad played in a vertual tramline, defending and attacking in a channel. His mere presence in one of the goals led to its implementation. It's clever and yet subtle stuff, underpinned by hard graft.
We showed real cohesion in a derby game, at Christmas, on an un-favaourable playing surface.
Their lack of discipline stemmed from our overriding strengths.
Past derby games have shown volatile results - today at least showed that we have the promise to rise above such in-differance. That for me is a seismic shift.
Today, for me personally was a day to recognise and appreciate everything what is going on, on and off the field. There's a lot to be very proud of.
Hendon football club has carried its-self off with a great deal of distinction.

rwakeley