Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Ebbsfleet Yesterday"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Ebbsfleet Yesterday

By rwakeley (legacy user)30/11/2014 14:58Sun Nov 30 14:58:45 2014In response to Re: Ebbsfleet Yesterday

Views: 4432

Tactical stuff to one side, we did look restricted in our options.
Both major cup exits to Connie South sides, so no disgrace there. I relished the opportunity of having a go at them. My frustration is that in both encounters we have failed to deliver a tangible effort on goal - so something is amiss. I thought we were very compact as a unit, just lacked penetration.
Given their lively link-up play through the middle - I didn't think they offered much else and we contained them very well. Barring one strange clearance into his own box, I thought Ollie was outstanding and showed maturity way beyond his years.
Both oppositions are fitter, stronger and supposingly more adept, particularly on their own turf.
The lads can take great solace that given their enhanced status there was no significant underlying difference.
Not wishing to downgrade anybody out there, but the absence of Casey in both games has been a factor.
My whole point of reference was if we were to get knocked out, then lets evaluate where we are and on that premise it has been an invaluable lesson for management, players and fans alike.
Continual strength as been incorporated into the mix and not getting carried away, I see this as a stepping stone in our continued evolution.
The lads should continue to feel very proud of their achievements, stay off the turkey and continue to work hard and enjoy it.
As for the Kit Kat conversation on the train - that was way to contentious!
Keep up the good work.

rwakeley