Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Worthing"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Worthing

By Deadman (legacy user)17/11/2014 16:24Mon Nov 17 16:24:16 2014In response to Re: To paraphrase The Beatles, Yesterday all my troubles were not far away, from Harrow ..

Views: 4369

This was a really good performance and went some considerable way to justifying the team selection at Staines. The link play between Da Costa and Taggart caused a lot of problems for Worthing and created a number of good openings. With a little more drive/fitness, Da Costa (I hope the spelling is correct...) could get quite a few goals as well as assists from left wing. His finish on Saturday was very calm. I liked lots of aspects of the performance but this week I've especially enjoyed Dean's work behind the front man. He made a few mistakes in the first half but he didn't let those get him down and kept at it. He seems a very positive character was having the crack with his team-mates. Overall the Hendon midfield dominated throughout and simply wore Worthing down.

In terms of crowd, I agree the traffic caused a lot of problems. I ditched the car the other side of South Harrow high street and walked 15 mins to the ground.