Return to front page

Newest article: Fund our Future plea by johnnybakerToday 16:10Today at 16:10:49view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: RE; Worthing game"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: RE; Worthing game

By John Fordham (legacy user)17/11/2014 10:02Mon Nov 17 10:02:16 2014In response to Re: RE; Worthing game

Views: 4347

Thanks for the comments, Worthing Fan. I think "embarrassing" is the wrong word for the attendance, I think "sad" is a better word. Yes, we do deserve better attendances but this is a problem for many teams at our level in the London area where there are so many alternatives available. For Hendon, the problem is exacerbated by not having a home of our own so how do we get potential fans to identify with the team. In my opinion we would probably have folded by now if it hadn't been for the efforts of Gary and the team in the last few seasons bringing in revenue from Cup runs. We haven't, up to now, had any long-term plan for addressing this but now, through the efforts of Rob Morris in particular - new permanent home in the Hendon area, new youth setup - there is hope for the future. Hopefully next time we play, Worthing Fan, you will be more impressed with the setup. Good luck to you for rest of season.