Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Disappointing."

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Disappointing.

By Paul Butler (legacy user)13/10/2014 00:03Mon Oct 13 00:03:48 2014In response to Disappointing.

Views: 3745

The one positive I can take from yesterday was the support - we showed yesterday that as a club we can get a following of 100+ to a far-flung away game and get vocally behind the side - congratulations to JR and Eddie for getting the coach sorted at short notice.

That's it though, no more big away followings until next season's FA Cup (will probably be the same regular 20 people at Dulwich in two weeks, where we'd have had 150odd if we went to Bristol Rovers or Torquay) a defeat to a poor side who are struggling in their league (kinda glad my wish to get in the Southern League didn't come through, as we're in the poorest Ryman Premier I've ever seen, and the Southern League seems to be much stronger) and the financial blow.

A tough couple of weeks coming up, not sure everyone will be shrugging off this defeat as much if we follow it with a defeat to Margat£ and our annual loss over at Champion Hill, and now of course as last season the Trophy takes on more significance.

Referee and assistants didn't help, but we beat 12 men in the previous round by playing well against a far better opposition side, so can't use that as an excuse.

Classic case of a great day out spoiled by a game of football. Glad I've got other commitments so I can have two weeks without watching football after that, as for me it was a sore one.