Not remotely deflated
...unlike my my bank balance! I re-mortgaged my house and bought a train ticket!
13 hours on a train later and I came to the same conclusion as when I departed.
Expectations in check and all that. We could have conceivably got a replay.
I don't believe Dorchester were materially superior - we matched them in endeavour but lacked cutting edge.
Had we had the resources to deliver an 'A game' performance we could have romped home.
The execution of the final ball and one dimentional approach smacked more of fatigue rather than overall appreciation.
The timing of the fixture and its outcome was I believe underpinned by our recent run of form - and nothing else - we ran out of gas, (and personnel).
An untimely intervention - it's a real shame for everyone because a Hendon firing on all cylinders would have buried the opposition. To my knowledge at least half our bench was unfit. I hear Belal got injured in training in the week.
It's not a fair reprsentation of where we are and what we have achieved to date.
It's actually a compliment.
The lads can take solace from the fact that outings like today are a by-product of their underlying character rather than their weakness. Its annoying its on FA Cup day.
Get everybody fit and bounce back. This is still the best Hendon squad I've seen.
It was when we left our homes this morning - and hence it still is.
- Not remotely deflated by rwakeley12/10/2014 00:57Sun Oct 12 00:57:55 2014view thread
- Re: Not remotely deflated by SteveHFC12/10/2014 10:15Sun Oct 12 10:15:29 2014
- In dream land..... by mello12/10/2014 21:51Sun Oct 12 21:51:37 2014
- Fleeting moments by dw12/10/2014 22:18Sun Oct 12 22:18:21 2014
- Disappointing. by alan ainsworth12/10/2014 22:59Sun Oct 12 22:59:30 2014
- The big picture by rwakeley13/10/2014 00:29Mon Oct 13 00:29:22 2014
- Re: Disappointing. by Paul Butler13/10/2014 00:03Mon Oct 13 00:03:48 2014
- Glory Hunting... & Stereotyping. by alan ainsworth14/10/2014 17:33Tue Oct 14 17:33:02 2014