Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Kingstonian"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Kingstonian

By Hendonboy (legacy user)8/9/2014 21:03Mon Sep 8 21:03:53 2014In response to Re: Kingstonian

Views: 5019

I haven't read it, but there's a lengthy government guide that outlines the do's and don'ts of football stadia safety known as "The Green Book". http://safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/green-guide.pdf.

It's not strictly law as far as I'm aware, but all stadia have to be licensed by the local authority and it's likely that as part of the criteria agreed between AFC Wimbledon and Kingston Council for opening that particular stand a number of stewards that are simply unrealistic for most Ryman League clubs are needed. Those requirements could be based on the green guide, or simply laid down by the local council as part of the planning conditions/safety certificate. If it's opened without meeting whatever pre-requisites have been agreed then they could potentially have their certificate revoked and the stadium closed.

I've got sympathy with Kingstonian on that one, leaving aside whatever issues there might or might not have been with the manner in which that was then communicated to you, which is another issue entirely.

----------------------------------------
www.hendonfc.net
Hendon FC Supporters Trust