Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "A real team effort"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

A real team effort

By rwakeley (legacy user)7/9/2014 11:39Sun Sep 7 11:39:37 2014In response to Kingstonian

Views: 4857

What impressed me most yesterday was our organisation - the K's have a distinct way of playing - to the degree where you can telegraph in advance to the very instance. We harried them and imposed our own credentials.
Lee and Elliot for me were outstanding. Casey was sublime until withdrawn, a real blow.
The real star for me was the lad Murphy. You look at players we've had from Barnet and frankly if they've made the grade their - he looks of a similar mode.
I thought we swithced off for their first, showing a tad complacency, which galvanized their rear-guard action.
The final third reminded me of a game there a couple of years ago when we lost it in the final quarter. We needed an outlet that day and as of yesterday the same criteria. It's unfortunate that like most clubs we have restricted options when our squad is stretched. I would love to have seen a blast of pace from Aaron as they surged forward. Don't know where he was. Flegg was on the car-park at 2.40pm with this bike helmet on. I think it's fair to say the lad didn't expect to participate. This is what we have to-do. It's fine margins like this that make a real difference.
That's four points out of six on the road against real, (percieved), opposition and that's testimony to the management for setting us up and the players whom gave every ounce.
The K's have been a benchmark for consistency, grinding out results and tight fought wins. We're to date replicating that mentality.
We have to maintain our home form.
In the grand scheme of things I maintain we have shown material improvement as we have progressed.
Nothing but respect for the lads yesterday.

rwakeley