Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "No Swearing Policy"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

No Swearing Policy

By Jeff Hill (legacy user)5/7/2014 18:36Sat Jul 5 18:36:14 2014In response to Re: No Swearing

Views: 8040

I think I need to explain my earlier post. I recognise the reasons behind the chairman introducing the policy, and I sincerely hope there are lots of new supporters who could be in a position to be insulted.
Where I'm coming from is that I work hard in a mundane 9 to 5 job all week, for not a lot of pay. Football is a great way to unwind and let off steam and sometimes I can overstep the mark. For example, Hornchurch away last season would have got me a verbal warning, red card and lifetime ban all in the same 90 minutes.
So I am not criticising the policy, I am just doubting my own ability to comply. I know that not being able to articulate yourself without recourse to profanity may be seen as a sign of ignorance, and if that is me then so be it (nearly 50 years of being on the terraces may have conditioned me irreversibly).
To sum up, I am not going to walk away, I just hope I can support our wonderful club in the right way.
A final thought, some of these new young supporters might teach us oldies a thing or two about swearing.