Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: No Swearing"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: No Swearing

By John (legacy user)5/7/2014 11:58Sat Jul 5 11:58:10 2014In response to Re: No Swearing

Views: 7938

What I find embarrassing, and I speak as someone whose been guilty of it on many occasions in the past, is when you can hear someone swearing from 100 yards away. A C-bomb being detonated from behind the goal for all to hear within the same postcode isn't good. It doesn't reflect well on the club and, trying to explain to my little ones what 'they' shouted isn't that easy either.

As far as I'm concerned there's a difference between that sort of thing and effing and jeffing (no pun intended, Jeff) quietly with your mates on the terraces, and holding your head in your hands letting out an anguished scream when Anthony Thomas rattles another effort against the boardroom window.

But, is there really any need to call someone a w*nker? Is there really any need to tell someone to eff off? You can still get your point across without needing to turn into Lee Nelson. Just because swearing has been part of football since 19whenever, doesn't mean it should still be common practice today.

That said, I can only think of about two occasions where I think someone's overstepped the mark at a game I've been at in the last 4 or 5 seasons.

If people want to stay away, then of course that is their decision. I think the club has taken the right decision. It has to do all it can to stay alive, and it needs to encourage the next generation of fans. If this is what it takes to get another 20 or 30 even on the gate next season, then so be it