Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Frome Town - an even lesser known fact"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Frome Town - an even lesser known fact

By Pink Panther (legacy user)9/5/2014 14:11Fri May 9 14:11:56 2014In response to Frome Town - an even lesser known fact

Views: 5673

Colin Dredge's "Herbie" nickname comes from his middle name of Herbert. It seems fairly common for cricketers with "old fashioned" or unusual middle names to be known by that name amongst their teammates, e.g. Neil "Harvey" Fairbrother, the former Lancs & England batsman.

Dredge was also nicknamed "The Demon of Frome".

I'll be amazed if our division is reorganised to the extent suggested on that link above. People on that forum enjoy coming up with speculative theories about how the leagues and divisions should be reorganised, but these never seem to be shared by the FA or the various league committees. I reckon we might get one club moving across to us from the Southern League if Hayes & Yeading go into that league; otherwise I don't really see why we should expect anyone other than Tonbridge Angels and the four teams promoted from Divisions 1 North & South.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/videos/dulwich-win-the-championship-with-this-goal-by-xavier-vidal-dulwich-hamlet-1--1-burgess-hill-town-on-the-2742013-39661.html